Power Station Effects
an international consultancy specialising in the effects of industry on the aquatic environment
- Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD)
- The company was formed in 1995 by staff with many years' experience working in and with the UK power industry. Our core expertise lies in aquatic biology, the ecological effects of abstraction and discharge, and the mitigation of those effects. We have a wide range of clients in industry and conservation, throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East and the USA. As well as consultancy, we develop in-house a wide range of analytical and educational software, and publish classic scientific texts in electronic format.
- About Power Station Effects
- On this site, you will find:
- Environmental concerns - A comprehensive review of the likely environmental impacts of power generation, and the solutions to eliminate them.
- Operational concerns - Issues affecting the running of power plants and other industries abstracting water; these include biofouling, entrainment, impingement and screen blocking, BTA, and the best methods to meet environmental standards
- Pisces projects - Case histories of a range of projects we have worked on across the world
- Photo gallery - A gallery of images of power stations and other plant
- Literature library - In this section is a database of our unrivalled collection of grey literature, reports and studies on the ecology of power generation. Reprints of reports are available for researchers and industry, representing a huge resource of data, otherwise unobtainable.
- Power Industry Statistics - Here, you will find a collection of power generation statistics, including lists of operational power plants, breakdowns of generating capacity, fuel use and total supply.
Web design by: Robin
All content © Pisces Conservation Ltd, 1995 -